Western Promises
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Western Promises

A turn based forum role play game currently involved in a blend of high fantasy and World War 1 history. History re-imagined.

HomeRegisterLog inLatest imagesSearchGallery

Updates are coming

Go down 
AuthorMessage
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyMon Nov 06, 2017 7:28 pm

Now that an administrative account has been set up, at least in skeletal form, the updates to the forum will begin to roll in slowly over time. This is the first message posted, but it will not be the last. Please leave your suggestions for additional content and information here in the out of character off topic board. Feel free to submit your own original art, however, borrowed/stolen art is prohibited. We encourage as much original content as possible.
Back to top Go down
https://western-promise.rpg-board.net
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 5:38 pm

well, I told you updates were coming. The appearance of the forum will go through a colour shift several more times until the right combination is found. Graphics are coming soon, however are still in the development phase. message boards are beginning to show signs of life. the main arch is so far the most active, however with the rest of the forum branches filling out now, they too should show signs of life soon.
Know of something noteworthy going on in the year 1890? want to include it in a story for The Daily Bugle? Context about the world adds a richness and a depth to it that will not go unappreciated.

we have a live chat now! so we can work through quick fire events or have mass group events now!

we have photo galleries...somewhere around here... so people can upload art to be used here if they so desire.
there is still much to do. please add your suggestions; our players are the life blood of the game.
Back to top Go down
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 3:48 am

wow, ok, this color scheme is way nicer on the eyes. I don't get a headache looking at it. Hopefully nobody else will anymore either. With that said, all we need now are graphics. I have been both making new graphics, as well as retrieving old graphics so as to start the process now that the colors are fixed. oh my god, you have no idea how much of a relief it is that I finally found ones that work. considering I spend the most time looking at them. lol.
but this is where I ask any members who have any graphic abilities what so ever to help me. I am limited by technology. the rest of you, not so much. I haven't been able to load any actual image files from my pc yet. hopefully cleaning it up will rectify that and I can at least upload images.
Back to top Go down
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyTue May 08, 2018 2:46 am

Updates are coming 20180510
Updates are coming 20171110

Original banner and revised banner. Focusing on other aspects of the forum. I'll be doing more with graphics and layout in the weeks to come. If something looks odd let me know what you think. The goal is to have a friendlier interface overall and a better looking site.
Back to top Go down
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyTue May 08, 2018 4:41 am

......still having image difficulties on the laptop, however there are still plenty of ways to "show my work" for the forum. I present to you, the people of the forum, the beginning of what will be a post to cover the settings, all of them, along the entire "Western Promises" time line, which is part of the larger "Rolling Thunder" universe

“The west is not any one thing. It is a tremendous collection of stories, of individual human beings who could at one point demonstrate the highest values of heroism, and the lowest values of cowardice; of cruelty and nobility, and all the other things that go in to make great stories. Which is why the history of the west is one of the great stories of all time; but no intelligent person can look at it without feeling a mix of both pride and shame.” – T.H. Watkins; Historian
Our stories begin in 1864, in a world we have come to affectionately call Rolling Thunder. “Western Promises” encompasses the chronological timeline in this world from 1864 until the present time October 1,1890 and progressing forward until November 11, 1918. It is a gritty reimagining of history. This gun-slinging western drama, occasionally bordering on the realm of horse opera or spaghetti western, attempts to stay true to the science and advancement of technology for the time while playing with the fundamentals of social structure and politics. Mysteries and intrigues spill out of every corner of the story leaving lose ends and red herrings everywhere. Cultures clash, and times and worlds are changed. How much changed depends on the actions we make this day, and every other day.
“To-morrow, and To-morrow, and To-morrow,
Creeps in this Petty Pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, Out, brief
Candle!
Life’s but a walking Shadow, a poor
Player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying Nothing.”
[Enter a Messenger]
-The Tragedy of MacBeth; act 5, scene 5, line 20
“The west stretches from the Mississippi to the Pacific Ocean, from the Northern Plains to the Rio Grande; more than two million square miles of the most extraordinary landscape on Earth.” – Ken Burns The West S1E1 “The People”
Our Main arc currently is taking place in the United States of America, in the state of Georgia along what will some day be interstate 75, somewhere between Fort Oglethorpe and the City of Atlanta. Nearby is what will be Chattahoochee National Forest. The state of Georgia was founded in 1730 by James Oglethorpe, who Fort Oglethorpe honors. The state was named after King George the Second.

......alright, enjoy that. or don't. tell me what you think though. still work in progress, but there's a lot to cover.
Back to top Go down
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyThu May 10, 2018 3:06 am

Updates are coming A_sing10
Updates are coming Purple10
Updates are coming The_sk10
Updates are coming The_pe10
Updates are coming Resize10
Updates are coming Resize13
Updates are coming Resize11
Updates are coming Resize12
Updates are coming Resize14
Updates are coming Resize16
Updates are coming Resize17
Updates are coming Resize15
Updates are coming Img_2011
Updates are coming Img_2016
Updates are coming Img_2015
Updates are coming Img_2017
Updates are coming Img_2013
Updates are coming Img_2014
Updates are coming Img_2019
Updates are coming Img_2010
Updates are coming Img_2012
Updates are coming Img_2021
Updates are coming Img_2020
Updates are coming Img_2018
Updates are coming A_sing10
Updates are coming Purple10
Updates are coming The_sk10
Updates are coming The_pe10
Updates are coming Resize10
Updates are coming Resize13
Updates are coming Resize11
Updates are coming Resize12
Updates are coming Resize14
Updates are coming Resize16
Updates are coming Resize17
Updates are coming Resize15
Updates are coming 20171111
Back to top Go down
General Sterling Steele
Admin
General Sterling Steele

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming EmptyThu May 10, 2018 4:14 am

Updates are coming Orca-i10
Updates are coming Orca-i11
Updates are coming Orca-i12
Updates are coming Orca-i11
Updates are coming Orca-i12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Updates are coming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Updates are coming   Updates are coming Empty